Translating PSD template to HTML... where to start?

I am an HTML rookie, but trying to learn online. Once I've got one of the templates on Campaign Monitor all good to go with my information, where do I start to plug that PSD document into an outgoing email? Is that I step I should hire a web professional for?

fyredefyre fyredefyre, 7 years ago

It can be a somewhat complicated process when first starting out. I like to think of it being like a pizza maker, you add all your ingredients to your design, and the slice and dice it up into regions, a bit like a puzzle piece and then put it together. HTML standards for email are somewhat frustrating at times, especially when you need to comply with different email browsers.

All I can reccomend if you wish to do it yourself is pick a standard email campaign from the Campaign Monitor template gallery and try and add one element of your own at a time. Considering testing under 5 recipients is free you can test away to your hearts content!

Happy to offer my services should you need them in private, just check out my credentials and I can get in touch with you.

www.phenom.com.au - Everything Email.
Email: jordan.hunt@phenom.com.au Skype: fyredefyre

I agree.  It can be a very complicated and time consuming process (especially if you're not sure what you're doing - like me!) but I would definitely recommend playing around and having a go yourself. 

Layers magazine - http://www.layersmagazine.com/  have some decent video tutorials which will show you the basics.

Again it is a very time consuming process if you don't know what you're doing.  I'd play around just so as you know what's involved and have an idea as to what's involved if you're considering outsourcing.

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098