Email Campaign Stuck Processing Your Campaign

For the past two days I tried to send a campaign and it gets hung up on the "Processing Your Campaign".

I've sent a couple email to support and have not heard back today. 

Does anyone have any insight to how long you should leave this page up to "Process Your Campaign"?  Or is there something wrong with CM's processing system?

I sent campaigns out in the past and the processing and deployment is almost instantaneous.

The email that's still processing needs to go out ASAP so any help is most appreciated.

get2runin, 7 years ago

ccooper,
I have been having an issue with slow deliver of the last two campaigns I sent yesterday and today. I found that Campaign Monitor has stated they were compromised over the weekend.

From an article I found about it, 'The main impact of the attack is a backlog of email marketing campaigns, made worse by the blocklisting of Campaign Monitor's systems because of spam runs by the hackers who compromised its systems'  http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/08/11/campaign_monitor_hack_spam_attack/

Here is a link to the blog entry on Campaign Monitor
http://www.campaignmonitor.com/blog/post/2853/update-on-the-hacking-issue/#comments

Maybe this will help answer your questions...

ccooperxxvii, 7 years ago

get2runin,

Thanks for the links.  I read the articles regarding the compromise of user accounts.  Unfortunately, I'm not able to access any messages sent to the email address for this account.

When you "Processed" your campaigns did your page just seem to be in a "loop" over and over?  If so, did you leave it up till it finished or close out the browser and start over.

I'm not able to get my campaign to be processed, much less delivered.

Thanks.

get2runin, 7 years ago

No my campaigns seemed to take off just fine. Its just that as I monitored the opens (a lot of people in our company have the preview pane on so I rack up a bunch of 'opens' for that domain) and they were WAY off what it usually is in the first 10 minutes of sending a campaign.

Plus our company President (who had an interest in that certain campaign) began asking where his was he usually received, wondering if I had actually already sent it out...

Like I said, our campaigns in the last two days left... but delivery time has been terrible...

Diana Diana, 7 years ago

Hey ccooperxxvi,

Have you tried clearing your cache? Or tried another browser? Sometimes some random file seems to play havoc on the processing page and a cache clearing or just popping into another browser if you have one available gets past it. Otherwise if you haven't already send an email in to support and we can get it sent for you. As I'm sure you can understand we've got a pretty heavy support load right now but we're trying to get to things as quickly as possible.

@get2runin, some campaigns are sending a little slower than normal due to some extra security but the actual delivery time (after sending) is out of our hands unfortunately. It could be the result of delays between servers, extra filtering, etc.

~*~~*~~*~~*~
D. Potter
Campaign Monitor

Diana,

I did get an email back from customer support saying they tried to process the campaign and had the same problem.  They've passed it onto a developer in Australia and said I may hear something late tonight.

Additionally, I tried in in Firefox on tow different computers and had the same results.  I also tried in in IE6 (the browser on my work PC) and I got a security warning, which was odd.

I'll keep checking for updates to see how fast we can get this campaign sent out.

Thanks

Diana Diana, 7 years ago

ccooperxxvii, Very odd! Sorry I hadn't seen the response. Our developers should be online in a couple of hours, though we're definitely running behind, someone will take a look as quickly as they can.

~*~~*~~*~~*~
D. Potter
Campaign Monitor

I've yet to hear from anyone regarding my processing problem.  I did receive a couple email late yesterday that a developer would be looking into it, but nothing so far.

I'm already two days behind on my projected send date.  So, I'm hoping that I'll hear something today.

Diana Diana, 7 years ago

Hey ccooperxxvii, do you know what the ticket # is or could you send in another ticket? We're running really behind but I'll take a look and see if I can get someone to look at it ASAP or figure something out. Definitely not good waiting that long.

~*~~*~~*~~*~
D. Potter
Campaign Monitor

Diana,

I have two ticket numbers.  My original post made its way to my spam folder without me noticing, prior to sending a second email request.

Here are the two ticket numbers - 341771 and 341609.

Any help is most appreciated.

Chad

Diana Diana, 7 years ago

Hey Chad,

Just to follow up again here, your email was just sent and we apologize again for the delay.

~*~~*~~*~~*~
D. Potter
Campaign Monitor

Diana,

Thank you for all your help.  My problem was resolved and the campaign was successfully sent.

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098