Test Emails no longer being sent

For the past week, test emails will not send for one client. However, all the other clients on the account can still send test emails.

All the addresses are the same, and I am included as one of them. I've contacted support twice about this but no one has gotten back to me. Thoughts?

Diana Diana, 7 years ago

Hi Anne,

I think we sorted this out via support, but just in case let us know if you're still having issues.

For everyone else, test emails are sending. Unfortunately unless something bounces we don't have much insight into what happens after they're sent but one trick is to try sending to other addresses (like web based accounts, etc). Can narrow down if it's just one server rejecting it or perhaps some mass spam filtering going on; something along those lines.

~*~~*~~*~~*~
D. Potter
Campaign Monitor
zocalo_design, 7 years ago

I am experiencing something similar (test email not being sent) and get an error:

Server Error in '/' Application.
The message could not be sent to the SMTP server. The transport error code was 0x800ccc67. The server response was 421 m6.createsend.com out of connection slots
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: The message could not be sent to the SMTP server. The transport error code was 0x800ccc67. The server response was 421 m6.createsend.com out of connection slots

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[COMException (0x80040211): The message could not be sent to the SMTP server. The transport error code was 0x800ccc67. The server response was 421 m6.createsend.com out of connection slots
]

[TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.]
   System.RuntimeType.InvokeDispMethod(String name, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Object target, Object[] args, Boolean[] byrefModifiers, Int32 culture, String[] namedParameters) +0
   System.RuntimeType.InvokeMember(String name, BindingFlags bindingFlags, Binder binder, Object target, Object[] providedArgs, ParameterModifier[] modifiers, CultureInfo culture, String[] namedParams) +436
   System.Web.Mail.LateBoundAccessHelper.CallMethod(Object obj, String methodName, Object[] args) +72

[HttpException (0x80004005): The message could not be sent to the SMTP server. The transport error code was 0x800ccc67. The server response was 421 m6.createsend.com out of connection slots
]
   System.Web.Mail.LateBoundAccessHelper.CallMethod(Object obj, String methodName, Object[] args) +119
   System.Web.Mail.CdoSysHelper.Send(MailMessage message) +1955
   System.Web.Mail.SmtpMail.Send(MailMessage message) +131
   SwitchIT.SendEmail.SendTextEmail(String from, String to, String cc, String bcc, String subject, String body, String attachment) +191
   SwitchIT.SendEmail.SendTextEmail(String from, String to, String subject, String body) +22
   Pronto.Util.Error.LogToEmail(String errorString, String _subject, String _additional) in \\fatboy2\apps\CampaignMonitor\deploy\build\app\Pronto.Util\Error.cs:76
   Pronto.Util.Error.LogToEmail(String errorString, String _subject) in \\fatboy2\apps\CampaignMonitor\deploy\build\app\Pronto.Util\Error.cs:40
   Pronto.Util.Error.Log(Exception ex) in \\fatboy2\apps\CampaignMonitor\deploy\build\app\Pronto.Util\Error.cs:15
   Pronto.CreateSend.EmailSender.SendEmailsForPreview(List`1 emails, String toName, Int32 subscriberID, Int32 listID) in \\fatboy2\apps\CampaignMonitor\deploy\build\app\Pronto.CreateSend\EmailSender.cs:350
   Pronto.CreateSend.Step4Util.SendTestCampaign(List`1 toEmails, String dbID, Int32 campaignID, Int32 campaignPreviewID, String personalization, String personalisationSubscriber) in \\fatboy2\apps\CampaignMonitor\deploy\build\app\Pronto.CreateSend\Step4Util.cs:64
   Pronto.createSend.step4_1.SendTestCampaign(List`1 toEmails) in \\fatboy2\apps\CampaignMonitor\deploy\build\app\createSend\step4_1.aspx.cs:245
   Pronto.createSend.step4_1.SendPreview() in \\fatboy2\apps\CampaignMonitor\deploy\build\app\createSend\step4_1.aspx.cs:206
   Pronto.createSend.step4_1.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in \\fatboy2\apps\CampaignMonitor\deploy\build\app\createSend\step4_1.aspx.cs:46
   System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +15
   System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +33
   System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +99
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +47
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1436

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.1433; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.1433

zocalo_design, 7 years ago

ok. I think one of my attempts has finally gone thru (out of 4). Thanks!

Diana Diana, 7 years ago

zocalo_design,

That error is actually unrelated. Our apologies for it, there were some intermittent issues earlier. Everything should be working fine now.

~*~~*~~*~~*~
D. Potter
Campaign Monitor

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098