Adding custom fields to existing subscribers

Hi,
The first subscriber lists I imported only had name and business set up as fields. Since then I've made use of custom fields when importing new subscriber lists, including location etc, to create more personal campaigns. I now want to use these same custom fields on my inital subscriber lists but can't figure out how without fully reimporting them again.

I'm probably missing something but how do I populate custom fields on an existing subscriber list?

Thanks

Diana Diana, 7 years ago

Hi,

You'll just want to reimport your subscribers with that new custom field in place. As long as the email address stays the same we'll just update the subscriber records rather than ignoring or creating a duplicate.

~*~~*~~*~~*~
D. Potter
Campaign Monitor
dtaylor, 6 years ago

When you reimport the subscribers does it remove any of the tracking available on any particular subscribers from certain campaigns?

davidaf davidaf, 6 years ago

dtaylor - No, the reporting is tied to the email address, even if it is re-imported.

The Campaign Monitor Blog – HTML email smarts to go with your good looks

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098