Outlook 2007 displays Times New Roman

For some reason, Outlook 2007 seems to display only Times New Roman despite applying <div> and <span> font styles to text. All other email platforms display fonts correctly (even previous versions of Outlook). Any idea as to why this is happening, and if so, any idea how to correct it?

Here's a link to the campaign, in case you wanted to take a look under the hood:

fyredefyre fyredefyre, 7 years ago

Not too sure about this one, but perhaps try:

....font-family: "Lucida Grande", "Helvetica Neue", Arial, Verdana, sans-serif;....

Your HTML was only showing a single ' and perhaps this is the issue.

www.phenom.com.au - Everything Email.
Email: jordan.hunt@phenom.com.au Skype: fyredefyre
BThies BThies, 7 years ago

@Fyredefyre: singles within doubles.

@Joey, I haven't experienced that issue, so at a quick glance I'm not sure what in your code is causing it.  Have you tried placing your style in the <TD> instead of the <DIV>?  I could do a quick recode if you'd like to see if it's a code issue or a client-side issue.

Also, I'd recommend making the top text "R.C. Hobbs Announces..." as text on a solid color background rather than an image.  At least people using the preview pane would know what the email is about, especially if they have images disabled.

Brian Thies
Professional Email Developer
Thies Publishing

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free