Long emails in Outlook 2007 breaks

Howdy all,

Bare with me on this, it may not sound quite right!

Basically, in Outlook 2007 i've got an emailer being worked on for a client that's quite long in height, say 2400px worth of content in a three colum design (however the middle column is just a spacer).

For some reason mid way through the email the right hand column breaks. This doesn't happen in any other email client except Outlook 2007.

I've gone through so many variants on coding, stripping out things, putting things in, setting collapsable borders, manual spacing etc I'm now stumped! Sometimes manually tweaking space between lines, images etc (ie. increasing/decreasing the amount) in one of the columns fixes the issues, almost like it "knocks" the the columns down a little enough to "fit on a page".

Has anyone heard of this happening?

Hope you guys can help.

Many thanks,

fyredefyre fyredefyre, 7 years ago

It could be anything causing this - broken tags, incorrect spacing, unsupported tags. May be worthwhile showing your HTML so your issue can be highlighted.

Also, you may find this article useful, which details the support for CSS across email clients: http://www.campaignmonitor.com/css/

www.phenom.com.au - Everything Email.
Email: jordan.hunt@phenom.com.au Skype: fyredefyre
BThies BThies, 7 years ago

Feel free to email me your code and I'll take a look at what's causing the breaks.  In the meantime, please check any padding you've added in your code within tables. 

When using padding, <TD>'s that are next to each other in the same row must have the SAME padding.  Otherwise, breaks may appear in Outlook 2007.  Top & Bottom padding are the main problems.

Brian Thies
Thies Publishing

Brian Thies
Professional Email Developer
Thies Publishing

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free