Linking to a web version of a campaign (from a website or blog)

Hi there, can I ask what is the easiest way to do this? is their a unique URL that I could link to for each campaign, if so where would I find this URL? Also, how long are old campaigns live under this URL?

Thanks for your help, great product by the way!

Thanks, Dan

style campaign style campaign, 7 years ago

Hi Dan,

when you send a campaign add the CM tag <webversion>To view this online click here</webversion> to your code.

This will automatically create an online version of your email. Then you can use that URL on your site. I believe old campaigns stay up indefinitely...

You can also create a newsletter archive on your site. Once you login go to Client Settings (Top right) and in the rt column click on Create newsletter archive. Every time you send a campaign it automatically adds it to your site. (You can also choose to hide certain campaigns)...

Hope this helps...

- Anna

Jase, 7 years ago

I believe those links generated by the:

<webversion>To view this online click here</webversion>

...are specific to that particular recipient (which is why the unsubscribe and personalisation works on the web versions). Best to use the links generated by the Create newsletter archive feature in CM.

amandalucia, 6 years ago

Do you have to have Newsletter Archive to use the <webversion> tag?

Mathew Mathew, 6 years ago

The newsletter archive feature is basically just a simple javascript - you can run that script on any page and grab just the URLs you want.

So you could (for example) just paste it into a local HTML file and view it in your browser, it doesn't need to be posted on a public website.

Get in touch with us on Twitter:
We're also on Facebook:
PDD2010, 6 years ago

Is there any way to add a link in an email that takes you to the archive page? Rather than having to add the script into an HTML page?

Stig Stig, 6 years ago

Hi Sol,

You'd have to add the javascript to a page on your website. Then you can link to that page in your emails.

The Campaign Monitor Blog – HTML email smarts to go with your good looks.

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free