Campaign.Create 310 error paser definately works!

Hi Getting issues when trying to create a campaign.

By the looks of it is nothing to do with the paser I use as it works for the campaign monitor demo urls....

These are the results I get for the following html and txt content urls.

Produces a 310 error Now produces a 312 error! … index.html
AND … ersion.txt

Produces a new ID!

So what am I doing wrong??!??!
header's on the generated pages?
I can't see anything wrong with the pages and the passer obviously works as it makes the new Id if I use the campaign monitor urls....

Anyone got any suggestions?

dmTest, 7 years ago

Ok well I got rid of the 310 error, which in itself was not much help as it is actually to do with the template.

All I changed was this :

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN"
<html xmlns="">

to this:

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8">

Maybe you need another message saying html incorect format? Or make a note in the documentation that this can be caused by cm not being able to read the contents of the file?

I now get 312 error....... joy...... I really can't see why this happens, there is nothing much I can change here apart from encoding which is utf-8. Is it header related? I changed the document format but not makes no difference.

Phil Phil, 7 years ago

Hi dmTest,

As discussed in the support request, your server seems to be including two Content-Type headers:
1. text/html, charset=UTF-8
2. text/plain, charset=UTF-8

This is unnecessary (only the text header is needed) and is causing problems in the parser. We've created a bug report to handle concatenated content-types better, but it should be fixable by modifying server settings.

Hope that helps,

dmTest, 7 years ago

Wow that's weird my fault!

Had a space in the default header code, interesting the browsers go for the last one and not the first.... HTTP Fox said it was text/plain and so did the web dev kit but I decided to look at it using packet peeper (mostly because I was in disbelief at what you said!) and bang:

Content-Type : text/html; charset=utf-8

Content-Type: plain/html; charset=utf-8

Thanks for the help!

Phil Phil, 7 years ago

No worries Dan, glad i could help out. I only found it at first through debugging then confirmed it with a packet sniffer. Definitely not an easy one to spot!

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free