testing screenshots - how acurate are they?

Hi,

Have been testing the preview in various email clients you provide for $5. How accurate are the generated screenshots? also when I use the images on/off toggle the images always appear, on the Lotus Notes 6 screen all the toggle does is show the email within the actual application when I toggle images off, is this correct as i wanted to see waht it was like with the actual images off?

Hope it makes sense.

Cheers

davidaf davidaf, 7 years ago

Hi worksdigital,

Sorry for the delay in our response. We talk in depth about our design and spam tests in this blog post. If you show any issues with specific screenshots, please contact support and we can help investigate.

The Campaign Monitor Blog – HTML email smarts to go with your good looks
BThies BThies, 7 years ago

Worksdigital,

One thing to consider is which browser is rendering the results for the web based email clients.  FireFox has known HTML rendering issues with some web clients, and you may not see those issues if the results page is showing tests using IE.

Always best to have gmail, hotmail and yahoo accounts handy to send yourself a quick test and see it in your own browser. (You may need to test it yourself in IE, Chrome, Firefox, etc.)

Brian Thies
Professional Email Developer
Thies Publishing
worksdigital, 7 years ago

Thanks BThies,

We already tets in pysical clients as much as possible, in fact most apart from Lotus versions, and it is the Lotus versions I was more concerned over really for their acuracy. I will go and take a look at the suggested Blog page to see if this helps.

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098