moving client to their own campaign monitor account

We currently have all our clients using our custom domain to access their reports i.e - this works nicely. However I have noticed that when the links in the email templates are rewritten so that they can be tracked they also show

I would like these links to show, in order to maintain consistancy and give my clients customers more confidence in clicking on links in emails. I assume that the only way to do this is to setup my clients with their own campaign monitor account, and then setup a subdomain etc.

However my clients have already sent numerous emails through our campaign monitor account. Will I still be able to setup another account for them and authenticate their domain?

davidaf davidaf, 7 years ago

Hi beechy,

Yes, if you need your clients to have their own domain name on the tracking links you can set them up with their own accounts. You will not be able to move over their sending history, but you can export any lists or templates and re-import them into the new account. I hope that answers all your questions, if not feel free to write back.

The Campaign Monitor Blog – HTML email smarts to go with your good looks
uncouthmike, 5 years ago

Hi Davida, any sign of being able to set the custom domain by client account on the horizon? I'd like my client's list not to see my domain name in the links - I know if I got an email that had weird looking domains in the urls I'd be hesitant to click them. I suspect having instead of in the links would go a way to increasing click throughs. I can't find anyway to set this up apart from as above, setting up a whole new separate account for a single client, which is a pain, especially losing access to reporting history, multiple sets of payment information etc.

Can we bump this up the list?

lmeurs lmeurs, 5 years ago

I'm also wondering if this feature is planned or not. I love CM, the way one can client sub-accounts and the branding options, but it would be a great improvement if we could set a custom domain per client!

roshodgekiss roshodgekiss, 5 years ago

Hi uncouthmike and lmeurs, thanks for your feedback there. Custom domains for clients is still on the radar, but most probably won't be included in an imminent update, as we don't have a timeline for it as yet. Many thanks for your interest - I'll add your votes and keep you posted as we progress.

Get in touch with us on Twitter:
We're also on Facebook:
fishtik, 5 years ago

Any news about Custom domains for clients?
Vote +1

Schwabe, 4 years ago

+1 for this feature

I was just searching for it.   I have a client who wants to use their own custom domain name for the in-email links (particularly the unsubscribe button).

This is a no-brainer feature!   For now I guess I'll set them up with a separate Campaignmoniotr account.   

It should just be a matter of adding additional custom domains and then letting us specify for our customer accounts what particular custom domain they will use.

roshodgekiss roshodgekiss, 4 years ago

Hi Schwabe, many thanks for writing in and welcome to the forums. I responded to your post on our 'What can we improve...' thread - this is something we certainly have on the radar and I'll be sure to let you know if it's something we add in the future.

We're also on Facebook:
emma, 3 years ago

+1 for this too

roshodgekiss roshodgekiss, 3 years ago

Hi Emma, absolutely - thank you for your vote! I'll keep you updated on this one. Just to let you know, this is on the cards for later this year, so watch this space.

We're also on Facebook:
venncreative, 3 years ago

great + 1000 for this - at the moment I'm having to log in and out of numerous separate accounts

Thanks venncreative - I'm happy to say that we've been making progress on custom client domains, so we'll be sure to let you know as soon as this is available to designers like yourself. Hold tight, it's on the list!

We're also on Facebook:
unnu, 3 years ago

+++++1 for this feature!

Any developments on when it be rolled out? Possibly something more accurate than 'later this year'?

Thanks, C

Hi unnu, while we don't have a precise timeline as yet, I can let slip that custom domains for clients is something we're making progress on now. We'll be sure to update this thread, closer to its release.

We're also on Facebook:
srlomme srlomme, 2 years ago

+1 for nested repeaters and nested editable content

BTSD, 1 year ago

Any new on this?

karoly, 1 year ago

+1 for nested repeaters, it will boost templates flexibility a lot

roshodgekiss roshodgekiss, 1 year ago

Hi all, thank you for continuing to poll for this. As an update, we've been very focused on improving our email builder, so haven't been able to prioritize this update to repeaters in the editor. So there's no timeline, but we'll be continuing to see if we can get this back on the table. Thank you so much for your ongoing support!

We're also on Facebook:
DiscoverySquare, 1 year ago

What do nested repeaters and nested editable content have to do with the topic of this thread which is about being able to set a unique custom domains for each individual client? (which I think is a feature now anyway, but I'm not sure.)

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free