Help please - Email not appearing for one recipient

This is a strange one, I send 40000+ emails with CM each month and this is the first time I'm aware of this happening.  Any ideas?

A recipient of one of my client's newsletters cannot view the email.
He can see the from name and address and subject line but no content at all.
For Issue 1 sent in July he could see it, viewing as HTML.
For Issue 2 sent last week he could not see it.
He just opened up Issue 1 again and strangely could not see now see it, whereas he could do previously.
I just forwarded my own HTML copy of Issue 2 to him and he could see it.

Other facts:
Op system = Vista
Email client = Outlook 2003
Virus protect = AVG Free, 7 years ago

Here is a screen shot of the subscriber's email...

Julian Wellings | Expertise on Tap 
Email Marketing | Video Marketing | Cheltenham UK
Follow me on Twitter
BThies BThies, 7 years ago

Hi Julian,

My first guess would be anything that scans the incoming emails that would strip them of content.  That'd include ISP mail servers, corporate mail servers, and anti-virus software.

If the anti-virus software has been updated recently, it could be scanning and striping the content.  Check AVG's forums and see if anyone else is experiencing the same issues.  Also, try disabling the email scan feature to see if that corrects the problem.

Brian Thies
Professional Email Developer
Thies Publishing
Mathew Mathew, 7 years ago

The most common reason we've seen for a totally blank email that works normally for others is an unclosed comment tag in the head. Take a look at your HTML source and make sure that any comments (around the css for example) are closed off.

Get in touch with us on Twitter:
We're also on Facebook:

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free