Nice try. message

Hi I have been using campaign monitor for a while now. The lastest campaign I have setup included links to my customers website as usual.

I have a link to a pdf document which works fine

I also have a link to the same page twice. One is a text link the other is a image link.

The text link works fine, however the image link returns the error message "Nice try." with a blank white page. The only things that I can see that are different in the two links are the google link tagging.

Any ideas on this, if I remove the alt text from the image, the link works as normal.

Stig Stig, 8 years ago

Hi, that sounds like a strange one.

Could you send us an email and let us know which campaign you're having this problem with?

Stig

The Campaign Monitor Blog – HTML email smarts to go with your good looks.
fultontrotter, 6 years ago

Was this issue fixed?

Our website runs textpattern and it seems to be having issues with the additional information relating to the campaign after our links. Ie; .com.au/name?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign  etc

Is there a simple way around this that doesn't require using tinyurl or similar?

Cheers

architxt architxt, 6 years ago

fultontrotter, I use Textpattern too.

Are you creating links using Textile or the usual <a href> tag?

architxt architxt, 6 years ago

Figured it out.

The message is triggered when URLs are longer than what has been set in Txp's admin. I think this must be a security related feature.

So, go to the Admin and change the value to something longer :)

roshodgekiss roshodgekiss, 6 years ago

Hi architxt, thank you so much for adding your fix here! That's very useful, thanks again :)

Get in touch with us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/campaignmonitor
We're also on Facebook: http://facebook.com/campaignmonitor

See why 200,000 companies worldwide love Campaign Monitor.

From Australia to Zimbabwe, and everywhere in between, companies count on Campaign Monitor for email campaigns that boost the bottom line.

Get started for free