Nice try. message

Hi I have been using campaign monitor for a while now. The lastest campaign I have setup included links to my customers website as usual.

I have a link to a pdf document which works fine

I also have a link to the same page twice. One is a text link the other is a image link.

The text link works fine, however the image link returns the error message "Nice try." with a blank white page. The only things that I can see that are different in the two links are the google link tagging.

Any ideas on this, if I remove the alt text from the image, the link works as normal.

Stig Stig, 7 years ago

Hi, that sounds like a strange one.

Could you send us an email and let us know which campaign you're having this problem with?

The Campaign Monitor Blog – HTML email smarts to go with your good looks.
fultontrotter, 4 years ago

Was this issue fixed?

Our website runs textpattern and it seems to be having issues with the additional information relating to the campaign after our links. Ie;  etc

Is there a simple way around this that doesn't require using tinyurl or similar?

architxt architxt, 4 years ago

fultontrotter, I use Textpattern too.

Are you creating links using Textile or the usual <a href> tag?

architxt architxt, 4 years ago

Figured it out.

The message is triggered when URLs are longer than what has been set in Txp's admin. I think this must be a security related feature.

So, go to the Admin and change the value to something longer :)

roshodgekiss roshodgekiss, 4 years ago

Hi architxt, thank you so much for adding your fix here! That's very useful, thanks again :)

Get in touch with us on Twitter:
We're also on Facebook:

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free