Email Addresses on More Than One Subscriber List?

Hello everyone,

I sent this to client help, but thought I'd ask on here as well. I hope I'm not causing any duplicate problems.

I have two clients who have me do a weekly follow up email to people who have ordered from them recently. I go into the backend of their stores and export the people who fit the criteria they has set up and get their customers' email addresses and other data.

The problem is that when I import this list into CM, repeat customers are not added to the new list. For example, if there are 60 orders in a week, I will get 60 email addresses out of the store backend. Let's say that 3 of these addresses are repeat customers and sometime in the past have received a follow up email from the CM system. When I import the 60 email addresses into CM, only 57 will be added to the new list and as far as I can tell, I can't find out which 3 are duplicates and how to get them into the new mailing.

I've read this page, but it wasn't very helpful:

Any suggestions on how I can find these 3 duplicates and get them added to the new subscriber list?

Thank you,

Mathew Mathew, 7 years ago

Hi Rod,

Campaign Monitor won't prevent you importing people who are active on other lists - only addresses that are already in the list you are importing into, or who are on the suppression list because they have unsubscribed in the past. So generally if that is the case you would not want to reimport them.

It isn't technically possible at the moment to show a list of those duplicates / suppressed emails unfortunately.

Get in touch with us on Twitter:
We're also on Facebook:

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free