Campaign oddly considered spam

We sent out a campaign on September 30th and suffered some bad results.

Our Open Rate in the first 24 hours dropped more than 50% than our average and our Bounce count went from an average of 50 to 375! Most all of those bounces were from accounts that have received emails from us for years now. We also noticed that lots of the emails that were sent to Gmail accounts went sent directly to the Spam folder. The email doesn't seem to have anything that would drastically call for this kind of Spam backlash and the only thing that is different with this campaign is that we changed the from address.

Do you guys know of anything that might have caused all this?

ThriveAfrica, 7 years ago

I've been reading and it sounds like your mail servers were on blacklists recently. Would that have anything to do with it?

Dave Dave, 7 years ago

Dave, this does sound related. Get in touch and we'll confirm this, reimburse you and advice on the best next steps.

ThriveAfrica, 7 years ago

Hey Dave,

Yeah, I got in touch with someone there, got a reimbursement, sent out the campaign again and things seem back to normal looking at the reports so far.

Casper, 7 years ago

I am trying to send out a test mail for one of my drafts but it ends up as spam. This is very odd since I have send out several of these newsletters ealier.

I have run a spam test which looked fine.

The full header says following:

>Received: from ([])by
>8.9.1) with ESMTP id NWF00055 for <>; Tue, 06 Oct
>14:51:55 +0200
>Received: by (PowerMTA(TM) v3.5r11) id hpcumi0jdbkv
>for <>; Tue, 6 Oct 2009 23:51:52 +1100 (envelope-from
>From: "Business Aarhus" <>  [+]
>To: "" <>  [+]
>Reply-To:  [+]
>Date: Tue, 06 Oct 2009 23:51:52 +1100
>MIME-Version: 1.0
>List-Unsubscribe: <>
>Message-ID: <>
>X-Spam-Flag: YES
>X-Spam-Status: Yes, hits=6,91 required=3,00
>X-Spam-Level: ******
>X-Spam-Checker-Version: SpamAssassin 3.1.6 (1.0) on
>Subject: [spam] Invitation til innovationsseminar - Preview

Can anyone help me out?
>>Best regards

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free