Reusing value of <$title$> tags

Is there any way to reuse the value of a $title$ tag, like a variable?

For example, I want the client to be able to enter a product name once, and it gets re-used four or five times throughout the email, in the heading, in a caption, and in alt tags etc.

Is this possible?

fyredefyre fyredefyre, 7 years ago

It's not designed to work that way I'm afraid.

If you wish to use variables then you should be use database field references (the same way you'd personalize an email). This way your product name is automatically referenced via the users details.

Obviously your client may have multiple products and this will mean multiple fields (ie PRODUCT_1, 2, 3 etc), but if you want this to work then this is your best option.

Hope this helps. - Everything Email.
Email: Skype: fyredefyre
mlbo, 7 years ago

Thanks for the reply. That does answer my question ("no").

For the record, what you are describing is not what I want to do. The email looks the same to all recipients, so a database mail merge is not what I want. The content of the email changes each week, but only predefined fields within the email change, like "price", "product name", etc. But those fields are each repeated several times within the email. I wanted to allow the client to just enter the changed details for each email.

But it looks like this can't be done with Campaign Monitor templates, I'll need to just have a $description$ tag which holds the formatted HTML for the entire email

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free