Adding Subscriber Lists with the API

I notice that it is possible to add subscribers to existing lists using the API but there is no methods to add new lists which doesn't allow for a complete solution using the API. Is this planned as a future development of the API?

Jason Jason, 9 years ago

ProNotion,

You'll be happy to know that it certainly is planned as a future development, as it has been one of the more requested improvements to the API. There's some much needed TLC in the pipes for the API as a whole, including revised and more extensive documentation, along with some highly requested features such as this.

ProNotion, 9 years ago
Jason :

ProNotion,

You'll be happy to know that it certainly is planned as a future development, as it has been one of the more requested improvements to the API. There's some much needed TLC in the pipes for the API as a whole, including revised and more extensive documentation, along with some highly requested features such as this.

That's good to hear.
Do you have timescales or a roadmap for changes to the API at all?

www.prolificnotion.co.uk | Certified Umbraco Developer
Jason Jason, 9 years ago

We haven't got anything set in concrete as to when we will be implementing additional API features. I can tell you that first off the bat is going to be a tidying up and expansion of the general API documentation and resources, and once that's done, we will begin looking at the addition of new methods and other requests we've had.

liquidmagic, 9 years ago

I tried to add subscribers with custom fields. Does the API allow this at the moment or is this something you are planning to release?

Thank you,
Dimitris

Dave Dave, 9 years ago

Sure, you can do that using the Subscriber.AddWithCustomFields method:

http://www.campaignmonitor.com/api/Subscriber.AddWithCustomFields.aspx

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098