Users subscribe to newsletter can also send 'Comment' to Client. How?

I have a client who is just getting started with a monthly e-newsletter campaign. Currently on his site, users can leave him a comment AND subscribe to his newsletter in the same form action. That action just sends my client a basic email of the comment and a request for the sender to be added to his mailing list. With Campaign Monitor, what is the best, most client-convenient way to get comments (and the email address of the commentor) to him, while having Campaign monitor handle the e-newsletter subscriptions?

Form approaches I've considered:
1. 2-step form (Comment, then subscribe), but of course I'd rather not have 2 step forms;
2. CM  API to web page with custom field of 'comments', but I'm on a deadline and I know NOTHING about the API... Maybe in a few months this would be feasible);
3. .js to add two actions to one form... trying not to do this, or at least have a workaround for the non-js users.

Anyone have any clever ideas? Am I sol?
Many many thanks!

DavidMartin, 7 years ago

Hey Andrew,

Another option might be to use the AJAX subscription form plugin found here:

You'd have to modify it a bit, but when you pass the form details to proxy.php, you could just use php's mail() function to send a copy of the form details to your client.

Hope this helps.

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free