Trouble styling a <$title$> when link='true'

I've got a repeater in an email newsletter template and it all looks and works fine - except for when I add a link to the title. When I do that - it makes the title style blue and underlined instead of black and no decoration.

Here's the code:

<font style="font-family:'Trebuchet MS', sans-serif;font-size:18px;line-height:20px;color:#000000;text-decoration:none"><$title link='true' default='COLLECTIVE THINKING'$></font>

I tried using a declared style and <span> tags and got the same result as the <font> tags above.

When there is no link on the title it looks fine. When there is a link it turns blue and underlined. I'm still a bit new to using CM proprietary tags. I know you can put style information in some of them (like unsubscribe, for example) I actually pasted the style information inside the <$title$> tag and that didn't work.

durmans, 7 years ago

I actually figured out my own problem by picking apart one of the free templates. All fixed.

fyredefyre fyredefyre, 7 years ago

For future reference, the blue link & underline is a default style for all links, and can be fixed by adding a global link color, or adding a custom link within the style itself.

For example:

Global: a { color: #000000; }
Custom: .headingtext a { color: #000000; }

Obviously there's also other link elements such as active, hover, visited etc so keep that in mind if you wish to utilise these too. - Everything Email.
Email: Skype: fyredefyre
standout, 7 years ago

I've pretty much the same problem except I've been writing in the code inline. I've got dreamweaver to create a bit of CSS for the relevant h1 and h2 - without the underline and a custom colour - but no joy on this either. Any ideas?

Mathew Mathew, 7 years ago

You'd just need to make sure you have a style for links inside a heading - a rule like:

h1 a:link {color:#000;}

That would style all links inside h1 tags. You can do that in the head, and let Campaign Monitor apply it inline automatically.

Get in touch with us on Twitter:
We're also on Facebook:
standout, 6 years ago

Thanks Mathew, got it sorted!

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free