Use custom HTML in verification email

I would like to create a double-opt-in list, but would like to use my own graphical HTML content for the verification email. When I paste HTML code into the verification email content, it all gets escaped and I see the raw code when I receive the email. Is there a way to use my own HTML for the verification email?

Stig Stig, 7 years ago

I'm sorry, but the verification emails for double opt-in lists are text only at this point.

The Campaign Monitor Blog – HTML email smarts to go with your good looks.
mcnecessary, 7 years ago

Thanks for the quick response. Please add this to your list of feature requests. Seems like it should work just like the Subscription Confirmation Email currently does.

jrseney, 3 years ago

Hi, bumping this up - would be great to have this option.

Currently, the first form of communication for a brand is an unbranded and un-profressional looking plaintext email.

Is there a feature request list or forum?

roshodgekiss roshodgekiss, 3 years ago

Hi there jrseney, this thread is 3 years old - since the comments here, we have introduced both HTML welcome emails and autoresponders, both which can be used to send fully-customized HTML email content to new subscribers.

I hope you find these options to be useful - our apologies for not updating this thread!

Get in touch with us on Twitter:
We're also on Facebook:
gerber gerber, 3 years ago

@roshodgekiss Just a heads up, this is not true.  @jrseney is correct in that you can not use html in the double opt-in confirmation email.  AFTER the confirmation link is clicked, HTML welcome emails and autoresponders can send a follow up.

I'd like to include HTML as well, but I see in this old thread the reasoning is to maximize deliverability:

roshodgekiss roshodgekiss, 3 years ago

Ah, thanks gerber - you're right, good catch. Happy to add your votes for HTML confirmation emails - it's likely about time that we revised our research into the deliverability consequences, too :P

Get in touch with us on Twitter:
We're also on Facebook:

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free