Campaign monitor gallery - nice designs but suitable for eshots?

I've just been browsing the gallery for some inspiration and a lot of the designs are beutiful but I'm left thinking about how suitable they are for eshot campaigns.

Image heavy content, with images used to build layout and a lot of background images across tables surely means that most recipients won't receive an email looking anything like these? I could see it being worthwhile if there was a fallback design implemented but, after testing a few in Outlook, there doesn't appear to be.

Am I missing something here or is this just demonstrating from people who are really pushing the boat out?

fyredefyre fyredefyre, 6 years ago

I think you'll find if you look into the showcase examples more closely, you'll find that most are suitable for multiple browers, evenly balanced with text vs. images & also look really nice.

Take another look here: - Everything Email.
Email: Skype: fyredefyre
Mathew Mathew, 6 years ago

We try to select designs which are interesting in some way, and appealing without being impractical or against good HTML email design principles. Sometimes image heavy is the right choice for a particular audience (Fontshop's newsletter is a good example).

We've featured plain text emails before, and HTML with no images at all. You'll also notice we do point out sometimes that designs could be improved in certain ways. The idea is to give you some inspiration - we'd loveto see you come up with something awesome we can feature next!

Get in touch with us on Twitter:
We're also on Facebook:

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free