Mac App to produce the html emails

Hi Everyone,

I've got very restricted needs - mainly a single photograph with around 3 sentences of text, plus of course the unsubscribe stuff. Really simple and straight forward.

I was hoping that i could get some advice as to which application on a mac would best enable me to achieve the above html layout, without high cost or steep learning curve (used to use dreamweaver years and years ago, currently use photoshop and indesign).

Many thanks for your thoughts,

Stormy Stormy, 8 years ago

Hi Slaterk,

NVU is an open-source app that should run on a Mac just fine. It's a dreamweaver-style wysiwyg editor -

No-one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
zapatoche, 8 years ago

Hi there,

I would recommend Coda from Panic or TextMate. it's not really expensive and really good.

slaterk, 8 years ago

Thanks Zapatoche and Stormy - i'll check them out: i think i can do a trial with them, so i'll have a go.

I did also come across Freeway 4 express, which looks good from the point that it's less coding and more drag and drop (got that right?) - anyone had any experience of it?

If there are any more recommendations, i'd be grateful to hear.

Mathew Mathew, 8 years ago is another good option

Get in touch with us on Twitter:
We're also on Facebook:
slaterk, 8 years ago

Thanks Mathew for the reply. One app that i found is called SiteGrinder and it makes your site from a layered photoshop file ...! I had a go, but the email came out a bit truncated  :(

This link will help anyone like me who needs a few pointers - an informative overview of different apps:

I think I'll go for Freeway if i get on with the trial - i don't want or need anything fancy, and i'm coming at it from a design led rather than HTML led direction.

Cheers all

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free