Strange Outlook 2007 Issue stripping all CSS

Hi all,
Have a strange issue with a version of an email newsletter when we send it to our client for approval. They are running Outlook 2007 on XP, I am running Outlook 2007 on Win 7.

When they preview the email it looks as though ALL CSS formatting has been stripped out from it, but the HTML structure is there. When I preview it it looks fine.

They have only recently upgraded to Outlook 2007, but am wondering if there's any setting that their IT bods may have set to strip CSS from incoming emails, or are there any anti-virus packages that strip out CSS from emails? It looks like they're running Sophos from the screengrabs they've sent me...

Any ideas as it's driving me crazy!!!

fyredefyre fyredefyre, 6 years ago

Might be worthwhile showing your HTML to highlight the issue as it sounds like it may be human error here. - Everything Email.
Email: Skype: fyredefyre
djwhisky, 6 years ago

Just to give an update on this, we've got hold of the HTML that they're getting in Outlook 2007 and all CSS has been stripped out of it.

Looking at the email headers it appears that they're using a company called MX Logic ( to filter their emails. The consensus here is that MX Logic's filters are stripping out all CSS from the email...

fyredefyre fyredefyre, 6 years ago

Sounds like they're in need of a better system :) - Everything Email.
Email: Skype: fyredefyre
djwhisky, 6 years ago

Yep - it's just persuading the client that it's at their end and their dodgy email system rather than ours... they're still thinking it's something our end!! Sooo frustrating

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free