With Lotus Notes the image doesn't appear

Hi,
I prepared an email and I sent to my customer to view it.
My client have Lotus Notes 5 and the image in the email doesn't appear.
The HTML is very simple and I know it's ok.
I write the images HREF with an absolute url.

I need to send this email to my customer a soon as possible
Any help?

Thanks
Andrea

Diana Diana, 7 years ago

Hi Andrea,

What format is the image? Lotus Notes doesn't display PNGs, so if that's what you're using that would be why it isn't showing.

~*~~*~~*~~*~
D. Potter
Campaign Monitor
BThies BThies, 7 years ago

- Is it a background image?  Not all e-mail clients are compatible with background images.
- What format is the image in?  Not all e-mail clients recognize PNG's. (convert to JPG or GIF)

Brian Thies
Professional Email Developer
Thies Publishing
zanfe zanfe, 7 years ago

The format of the image is GIF, and it's an animated GIF.
It's not a background-image, it's simply a tag IMG in a table.
If you want I can post the HTML code.

Thank you very much.

Animated GIFs don't function in all e-mail clients - only the first frame will display.

Brian Thies
Thies Publishing
zanfe zanfe, 7 years ago

mmmmhhh ... in Outlook 2007 it's true, but in the many other client gifs animated work, don't they?

They do work in several other clients, so the suggestion many have passed around is to make sure the animation isn't essential to the design, and to ensure the first slide of the animated GIF will go with its surroundings.

With Outlook 2007 being quite popular (and growing), you don't want those recipients to see a blank square.

Brian Thies
Thies Publishing
Diana Diana, 7 years ago

This is Lotus Notes 5, I'm not sure if animated gifts have been tested back that far (Lotus notes 6.5 is as far back as we test and 5 is quite a ways further back support wise), so that could be the problem. It's worth trying something static and testing to see if that's the issue.

~*~~*~~*~~*~
D. Potter
Campaign Monitor

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098