Default values for repeater description and title do not appear

Hi there,

I'm currently working on a template, and the only issue I have remaining is that my repeater items default values for the description and title are not being populated. The code I am using is below:

<$title link='true' default='Enter Product Name'$>
<$description default='<font face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="5" style="font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:30px; color:#000000; font-weight: bold;">Price here</font>  <font face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="5" style="font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:22px; color:#ee1c2e; font-weight: bold;">Percent off here</font>'$>

If anyone could put me in the right direction that would be awesome as I really dont want the client to have to edit HTML to edit the description in particular.

Thanks in advance.

markj, 6 years ago

I'm currently working on another template and I've been trying to import it, and I've been getting an error about having multiple tr tags within a repeater. Looking at the template I am having problems with, I do have multiple tr's within the repeater, yet for some reason it allowed me to import it.

Could this potentially be the cause of the issue?

[edit] somehow I've imported this new template with more than 1 tr in the repeater and I have the same issue, with only one tr, the default values + sorting works, so I guess problem solved. It doesn't really explain why I've managed to import the template with more than one tr in the first place though. Could it be the fact that I've got a comment immediately after the repeater tag and before the closing repeater tag?

To confirm, I've fixed both of my templates so this was definitely the issue.

Mathew Mathew, 6 years ago

Thanks for the update Mark - it is hard to know for sure without seeing the whole template, but it is possible  a parsing complication let it through in the first place.

Fire through an email to support if you run into further trouble.

Get in touch with us on Twitter:
We're also on Facebook:

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free