Yahoo! Mail ignoring font-family style

I've created an e-mail announcement and am currently trying to resolve an issue found during testing. All styles except for font-family are working within Yahoo! Mail. I need "Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif," but a serif font is displaying. Styles are in-line method. Any ideas on why this would happen and how I can fix it?

Thanks in advance for any help.

BThies BThies, 7 years ago

Can you paste a snipet of your code?

style="font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;"  should work fine.

Brian Thies
Professional Email Developer
Thies Publishing
5x5, 7 years ago

<td style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color:#FFFFFF; font-size:12px;">

It should be, but isn't.

Is there a nested table within that <td> that contains the text?  Font styles don't always transfer down into the nested table.

Also, try sticking the text in a <div style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color:#FFFFFF; font-size:12px;"> and see if that changes it.

Brian Thies
Thies Publishing
5x5, 7 years ago

Thanks for the suggestion.

The style is applied to the <td> inside the nested table, not above.

I tried using a div tag. No luck.

The styles for font color and size work, but not the family. This is weird. I haven't had this problem before.

Is this Yahoo! Mail or Yahoo! Classic Mail?

Also, have you tested this across browsers (IE, FF, Chrome & Safari)?

As a last resort, can you post your entire code for me to test? (or for privacy you can e-mail it)

Brian Thies
Thies Publishing
5x5, 7 years ago

Yahoo! Mail. It's been tested across all browsers listed above on Windows and Mac platforms.

Okay. This problem is originating from a Microsoft Exchange server. I don't have any issues with the font-family - or any other - style when the announcement is sent from a Mac.

If you're still curious, I can post my super simplified test code.

Thanks for the help.

I was gonna say, if it still wasn't working, I'd look at the end code upon delivery to see if it was stripped out.  That usually points to a middle man causing the issue somewhere.

Brian Thies
Thies Publishing
clearedgepower, 7 years ago

I had the same problem, (if I understand you correctly) and found a solution on another forum;

http://www.campaignmonitor.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=2081

Basically, go old school and use <font> instead of style.

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098