Yahoo! Mail ignoring font-family style

I've created an e-mail announcement and am currently trying to resolve an issue found during testing. All styles except for font-family are working within Yahoo! Mail. I need "Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif," but a serif font is displaying. Styles are in-line method. Any ideas on why this would happen and how I can fix it?

Thanks in advance for any help.

BThies BThies, 7 years ago

Can you paste a snipet of your code?

style="font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;"  should work fine.

Brian Thies
Professional Email Developer
Thies Publishing
5x5, 7 years ago

<td style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color:#FFFFFF; font-size:12px;">

It should be, but isn't.

Is there a nested table within that <td> that contains the text?  Font styles don't always transfer down into the nested table.

Also, try sticking the text in a <div style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color:#FFFFFF; font-size:12px;"> and see if that changes it.

Brian Thies
Thies Publishing
5x5, 7 years ago

Thanks for the suggestion.

The style is applied to the <td> inside the nested table, not above.

I tried using a div tag. No luck.

The styles for font color and size work, but not the family. This is weird. I haven't had this problem before.

Is this Yahoo! Mail or Yahoo! Classic Mail?

Also, have you tested this across browsers (IE, FF, Chrome & Safari)?

As a last resort, can you post your entire code for me to test? (or for privacy you can e-mail it)

Brian Thies
Thies Publishing
5x5, 7 years ago

Yahoo! Mail. It's been tested across all browsers listed above on Windows and Mac platforms.

Okay. This problem is originating from a Microsoft Exchange server. I don't have any issues with the font-family - or any other - style when the announcement is sent from a Mac.

If you're still curious, I can post my super simplified test code.

Thanks for the help.

I was gonna say, if it still wasn't working, I'd look at the end code upon delivery to see if it was stripped out.  That usually points to a middle man causing the issue somewhere.

Brian Thies
Thies Publishing
clearedgepower, 7 years ago

I had the same problem, (if I understand you correctly) and found a solution on another forum;

http://www.campaignmonitor.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=2081

Basically, go old school and use <font> instead of style.

See why 200,000 companies worldwide love Campaign Monitor.

From Australia to Zimbabwe, and everywhere in between, companies count on Campaign Monitor for email campaigns that boost the bottom line.

Get started for free