Email change of address?

Hi I was just wondering how people are handling email change of address using Campaign Monitor. I read that around 30% of your email list addresses will change each year due to people switching jobs, email clients or just discarding old accounts.

Ideally I would like a change of address link in each email I send out like I have seen other companies employ. Something that automatically updates the CM account...I would appreciate knowing what some of you are using as a workaround.

hermann, 8 years ago

huh? No answer jet. I also appreciate the possibility of let subscribers change their email address.

Ben Ben, 8 years ago

You could do this via the API, but it takes a little more work.

Another option would be to link to a page on your server with the subscribers existing email address, and have them enter their new email address in a form on your site. You could then send a subscribe request to our server with the new address, and an unsubscribe request with the old address.

We also have a feature that is fairly high up our feature request list called user profiles, where a subscriber could click a link to update their details, which could be name, custom fields, or email address. I think this would be the best solution for your problem.

I've added your vote for this feature, which will help speed this along (and if anyone else would like this feature please post a comment here).

bjcleaver, 8 years ago

I would love to see this feature as well. Any update as to where this might be in the development pipeline?

Dave Dave, 8 years ago

Sure, this feature is coming along nicely and we plan on releasing it some time in May (next month). We'll announce it in the blog as soon as it's available.

style campaign style campaign, 8 years ago

Thanks! I just saw you have added the new email preferences feature in the blog!

Mathew Mathew, 8 years ago

Yes - here it is:

Get in touch with us on Twitter:
We're also on Facebook:

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free