does CM insert footer links automatically (like mailchimp)

I'm new to CampaignMonitor and am enquiring if it automatically inserts links in mail footers - for example:
Unsubscribe | Update Profile | Forward to a Friend

This happens automatically with MailChimp in their free account but I really don't need a paid for/monthly account.

What I need to get together is a one-off Christmas Card greeting email to send all of our clients, but I don't want it to appear as a message from a user group with all of the 'Unsubscribe link stuff. I just need a standard email, albeit with a few bells and whistles.

I need to enquire first before investing time, which brings me here. I'm experienced with markup and css so the design side won't be a prob.

Thanks in advance

Stig Stig, 6 years ago

You generally have complete freedom over the design of your email with Campaign Monitor, but we do require a clearly visible unsubscribe link in every email you send.

If you don't include one yourself, we'll automatically add it when you import your campaign.

The Campaign Monitor Blog – HTML email smarts to go with your good looks.
redplanet, 6 years ago

Hi Stig

Thanks for the info - do I have the ability to style the Unsubscribe link to make it as unobtrusive as possible?
Also, is this absolutely the only automatically inserted link/feature? - I ask in relation to the 'No ugly logos or links' point in the feature list. Technically, Unsubscribe is a link ...

Stig Stig, 6 years ago

Yes, you can style it to fit in with your design (see this help article), but our terms of use do require that it's clearly labeled and visible.

The only time we insert anything into your campaign is when you haven't already coded your own unsubscribe link. Sorry for any confusion.

The Campaign Monitor Blog – HTML email smarts to go with your good looks.
redplanet, 6 years ago

Thanks a million Stig, that's ideal, I'm sold.

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free