adding to subscribers list

How can I add a list of subscriber's E-mails which I just received from my client, to an existing list, ensuring the duplicates are being eliminated (which there are) and that these new subscribers receive the same newsletter the existing subscribers just received?

Does that make sense?

Dave Dave, 9 years ago

Sure Wimy, that makes sense. You can do this pretty easily using Segments. Here are the steps you'll need to take to get this working...

1. Import the new subscribers into your list (as you mentioned, we'll remove the duplicates for you automatically).
2. Click on Segments from the Manage Subscriber List page.
3. Click "Create New Segment".
4. Give it a name, then create your first rule based on "Date Subscribed".
5. Select "Is after" and then change it to yesterdays date, then click "Save Segment".
6. You've now got a segment of all the new subscribers you just added.
7. Head into the Create/Send tab and click "Edit and Resend Campaign". Select the campaign you'd like to send to this segment, add the new segment as the recipients and send away.

Hope that helps. Let us know if you run into any hurdles.

damienbuckley damienbuckley, 9 years ago

Thanks for that one - I'd previously been adding an additional list in this kind of situation, doh.

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free