Design Gallery - how much of those designs is actually editable?

How easy is it for a client to edit a design like this?
http://gallery.campaignmonitor.com/ViewEmail/y/F2322914837D906D/

Is that mostly constructed through raw html or is it possible to make something like this client editable?

i was hoping CM would allow me to create quite customisable templates with options to add/remove different sections (eg add a 3 column row, then add after that add some 1 column news posts, then add a 1column promotional area etc)  but from starting out reading the docs i don't know if it's possible to achieve this without having HTML editing knowledge (for the client)?

So would I have to produce a number of templates with all the different possible configurations?

fyredefyre fyredefyre, 7 years ago

My general rule of thumb is the highlight the entire email, this way you can see what's an image and what's not.

In the example below there are alot of custom images involved and in a nutshell this email would have an advanced degree of editing involved for every campaign, meaning either you or the client would have to create the images themselves each time.

If you want to use an editable template you'll need to sacrifice some design elements to make it easy for your client to simply add a article heading, article image etc. This would use either in-line CSS or font tags to achieve this.

If you want different template scenarios, you'll have to setup variations of templates for your client to choose from. This creates more work for you, but at the end of the day the point is to make these templates self sufficient and keeps you looking good.

Let me know if you need more information, only too happy to share.

www.phenom.com.au - Everything Email.
Email: jordan.hunt@phenom.com.au Skype: fyredefyre

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098