Delete Multiple White Spaces

Is there a way to remove multiple spaces automatically, like in html when only one space ( ) is recognised in concession?

I am finding new clients when learning their way around code and campaign monitor inadvertently add extra spaces and are causing the design to break if there is no gap between these spaces, and my width settings are just ignored.

Cheers,
Michelle

fyredefyre fyredefyre, 7 years ago

I know this problem only too well.

Your best bet is to make sure your inline CSS caters for the client as much as possible, ensuring they don't need to add spaces. You could do this by adding extra padding/spacing where needed to your fonts or tables for example.

It's also a good idea to have different templates for scenarios great and small. If you've got an option for the relevant email, then your client can be educated on which template to use.

The best part about these solutions is, your clients are happier and you don't need to spend extra time fixing up these issues.

www.phenom.com.au - Everything Email.
Email: jordan.hunt@phenom.com.au Skype: fyredefyre
shelleweb shelleweb, 7 years ago

Nice to know I am not alone Jordan!

My attempt to make it easier was to create the following to enter event details in a side column:

<$description default='<p><strong>When:</strong> 1-April-2009<br /><strong>Where:</strong> Anywhere<br /><strong>Cost:</strong> Free<br /><strong>Time:</strong> 2-4pm<br /><strong>Description:</strong> Short Summary</p>'$>

In this instance the spaces came from not knowing SHIFT + ENTER creates a break if one of the items fall out of place and getting annoyed when ENTER created a new paragraph instead. I know now to highlight this function.

Automatic removal of extra spaces would be an excellent safety plan though!

fyredefyre fyredefyre, 7 years ago

Hmmm, if you're not using a repeating item, perhaps you can build your code something like:

<strong>When:</strong> <$description$><br />
  <strong>Where:</strong> <$description$><br /><strong>Cost:</strong> <$description$><br /><strong>Time:</strong> <$description$><br /><strong>Description:</strong> <$description$>

Probably seems a bit over the top, but perhaps it will solve your issue. If this still doesn't work, I'd reccomend setting a P style to control the height (where possible) between copy.

Hope this helps.

www.phenom.com.au - Everything Email.
Email: jordan.hunt@phenom.com.au Skype: fyredefyre
shelleweb shelleweb, 7 years ago

I am using a repeating item to house the above code :(

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098