share option in emailing

Is there any possibility to add a share tools, then end-users can
share emailing through Facebook, Linkedin and other social networking?

Thanks for your answer.

fyredefyre fyredefyre, 6 years ago

These can be setup and engineered into any template quite easily, simple add the list of social networking logo's anywhere on your email and link to the desired website. Typically you'd see these at the footers of emails and websites. It may be a manual process initially, but it'll work much as intended. - Everything Email.
Email: Skype: fyredefyre
roshodgekiss roshodgekiss, 6 years ago

Hi Yann and fyredefyre, we're looking at making it much easier to share your email via social networking sites in the future, so many thanks for this reminder. As fyredefyre mentioned, you will have to hand-code in links to get sharing to work. Possibly, you can look at adding something like an AddThis button. Here's a thread discussing adding an AddThis button to email. Let us know how you go.

Get in touch with us on Twitter:
We're also on Facebook:
absolute, 6 years ago

I just used the AddThis button in an email and would like to add my vote for an easy Social Sharing/Bookmarking option in Campaign Monitor. While the AddThis button wasn't too hard to set up and configure, I'm not certain yet how to teach our do-it-yourself clients how to add/configure this button without going over their heads with code-speak.

henkinschultz, 6 years ago

I'd like to add a vote. It would be very helpful to have an easy share option.

BraceRosso, 6 years ago

Three comments:
1) Check out the Forum thread on a share with your network discussion here:

2) You, as the designer could come up with your own snippet of code that adds one or multiple social media links.  If you make them editable in the CM editor, your clients will have the option to leave them in as is, remove some or all of them.  Since we can add default images now, that's even easier.

3) I still think it's important for CM to make this easier for all of us moving forward - you can't ignore the growing importance of this feature (one CM competitor tracked a 300% increase in facebook or twitter links in more than 90 million emails in just the first 5 months of 2009 alone, and it was showing signs of continued steep increases). 

I also think it will be important to maintain designer-control over social media links so that template designs aren't "abused" by the client.  We'd need a few things:
A social media template tag, that would support specific social media sites.  Sure, there are tons of them, but tackling the top 5 (or even top 3) would be a huge start.  Basically, we'd simply put in something like <$swyn site='twitter' msg='editable message that is inserted into the social media text box including support for <webversion>' img='true'$> which would insert the necessary code to add an image linked to sharing on twitter (see the format in the thread listed in section (1).

The designer would be responsible for adding a specific image uploaded in the zipped files named "" and that's what would be used for this social media link (or perhaps it would replace a default, which would be even more convenient).  This way, it would be up to the designer to put in as many or just the social media links/images that the client wants, the designer can control where it goes and how it looks, and the client can decide whether or not to leave it in the final version.

Hi BraceRosso, thank you for your timely suggestions - this is something we will look into during the new year. The ability to share over Twitter will certainly be well received, so we'll certainly be looking into how we can implement this (and ensure it isn't abused, as you note above)! Many thanks again for your thoughtful response - it's given us lots of food for thought!

We're also on Facebook:
BigSea, 6 years ago

Adding my vote too.  Just saw a great presentation on the easy 'share' tools at Blue Sky Factory and as much as I love Campaign Monitor, I might have to switch.  My clients won't be able to manually change their templates for each 'share' instance.

Wills, 6 years ago

This is crazy, It really shouldn't be hard to add a few sharing links. I tried manually adding a link via the editor only to find you can't edit the link text (so entering the tweet this url just shows rather than Share on Twitter. I then tried adding a small image which I would link to the new status link only to find you can only seem to have one image in each repeater section, there goes that idea. Coding the share link into the template is completely ridiculous because you'd need a new / changed template for each newsletter so you could change the URL of your share link. Come on CM its been almost a year since you were looking into this!

Hi Wills, welcome to the forums! Sorry that we haven't been providing many updates regarding the addition of social sharing links, however I assure you that it hasn't fallen off the radar.

Unfortunately, no updates as yet as to when this will be available - and I totally understand your frustration with this. I also send newsletters and would love to have these links included. But the truth is that we're a small team working our darndest to improve Campaign Monitor in ways that benefit lots of folks each time we update... And sometimes this means that both 'easy' and 'hard' feature requests get pushed back in the queue behind say, the release of autoresponders.

I'll let you know if it's something that we plan to release in the near future. Sorry again for the wait, but we're still listening, recording votes internally and most certainly looking forward to making the social sharing of newsletters a simple task.

We're also on Facebook:
Wills, 6 years ago

Many thanks for the update and the welcome. I love campaign monitor but sometimes it's pretty frustrating. Still, keep up the great work.

Thanks again for the update, sorry for the frustration!

tommdg, 6 years ago

Just saw that MailChimp is setting up a feature for having the Facebook "Like" button for sharing email campaigns. Will Campaign Monitor have this feature or similar soon?

davidaf davidaf, 6 years ago

tommdg - thanks for suggestion I have added you as a vote for development for that feature.

The Campaign Monitor Blog – HTML email smarts to go with your good looks
bopjo1 bopjo1, 6 years ago

My clients are clamoring for this feature. Please add my vote. I want my clients to think we're staying on top of the latest technology!!

NickoLabs NickoLabs, 6 years ago

That functionality should be easy to use. +1 from myself.

While we are waiting for it, we can always add them manually:

Nickolas Simard
Multimedia integrator: Strategy & Web development
roshodgekiss roshodgekiss, 5 years ago

Hi folks, we're very pleased to say that we've just added social sharing to all Campaign Monitor accounts.

Using our simple template tags, it's now super easy to add 'Like on Facebook' and 'Share on Twitter' links and buttons to your email campaigns. Your clients can also add social links and buttons to their email templates using the WYSIWYG editor.

In addition, we've backed up social sharing with robust real-time reports, plus made it possible to share sent campaigns from within your account.

Many thanks for all your feedback and patience while we've worked on bringing social integration to the app. Find out more about social sharing in our blog, or get in contact with us, should you have any questions or suggestions :)

We're also on Facebook:

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free