Christmas mailings

Am I allowed to send out Christmas Greetings to customers who didn't opt in for a newsletter?

Is this classed as a newsletter?

I'd like to send out discount codes to all my customers who have dormant accounts, but some of them didn't opt in for a newsletter. So I was just wondering how I stand on this.

Any input appreciated :)

Stormy Stormy, 8 years ago

Hi Deko,

So long as they are customers who have purchased from you within the last 2 years, you should be ok - have a check through Campaign Monitor's policy to make sure they fit within the criteria for permission. The line I can imagine is most relevant to you would be "Customers who have purchased from you within the last 2 years. "

No-one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
deko, 8 years ago

Thanks Stormy.
Looks like I may be a little stuck on that one then. I was hoping to encourage those customers who have registered on the site but not yet ordered.
I'll play it safe and email only those who have not ordered AND opted for the newsletter.

Mathew Mathew, 8 years ago

Good thinking Deko - if they have opted in, that's fine, but if not, then you don't have explicit permission to email them.

Get in touch with us on Twitter:
We're also on Facebook:

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free