Can't send myself or workmates test emails

I am trying to send myself and workmates a test email, and while it works for a number of times (3 or 4 maybe) it will eventually stop sending.

The CM says "A test campaign was successfully sent to" and lists the correct addresses, but while the ones I sent to hotmail, gmail, and yahoo work fine, any work addresses don't. All I can think of is that CM detects the fact that I'm sending to work emails from the site, except that our site is catchmail, and our email addresses are @catchdesign...

Anyone have any ideas? It is making testing in Outlook 2003/2007 impossible at the moment :<

psot, 6 years ago

Greetings! First post :-)

Exact same problem here.

Well the cause is obvious:
Your domain is domain.com, your mail server is responsible for this and a bunch of other domains. Your newsletter sends as newsletter@domain.com, and when you try to deliver to your own mail server (any domain on your mail server) the server thinks it's an OUTGOING message so it requests for authentication!

Pretty obvious!

Now for the solution.
1) Provide authentication credentials to CM (how, where, is it supported?)
2) Bypass authentication for CM outgoing servers (is there a list of them???)
3) Use a dummy domain as the sender (sucks!!!)

Any help from CM stuff?

Thanks!

davidaf davidaf, 6 years ago

Hi everyone.

Yep, we have lots of help topics on this issue. First off, there's some good information in our article Why don't I get my own test messages?

To learn how to authenticate the sending domain, as psot mentions, you'll want to take a look at Improve your deliverability with email authentication

And here's a list of our  sending IPs that your mail admin can whitelist.

I wouldn't recommend using a dummy domain as the sending server.

The Campaign Monitor Blog – HTML email smarts to go with your good looks

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098