moniker cname set-up?

Hi I am using moniker to set-up my cname, but it seems like I have to add some sort of numerical number.
What do I add in these entries http://2wrd.com/images/80272658464085972261.png

I put "email" in the first box and "cname.createsend.com." and it says invalid ip address     

I have created a sub domain called email.mydomainname.net

This is the instuctions for something else to do with cname and it seems as though they need a numerical number
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
From the drop down menu, change Record Type to: "CNAME(Alias)"

In the Host Name Box, enter the unique identifier  (eg. googlefffggghhh12345)
This information will be given to you by your Hosting Provider.

In the Address Box, enter the webaddress ( eg. Ghs.google.com)
This information will be given to you by your Hosting Provider.

Then Click on the "Add" Button on the right.

Once the screen refreshes, click the "Save" Button.

You should then receive verification that the record has been created successfully.

travisbell travisbell, 6 years ago

Hey,

It seems like the system is trying to add an 'A' record and not a CNAME. CNAME records do not map to IP addresses like 'A' records do but rather another name. So in our case, 'email' should map to 'cname.createsend.com'. This would map 'email.yourdomain.com' to us (being cname.createsend.com).

Sometimes the 'cname.createsend.com' address requires a trailing period (like so cname.createsend.com.) but if you continue to have problems I might suggest contacting your host to see why it is you can't add a record properly.

Hope that helps! Let me know if there's anything else I can help you with.

--
Travis Bell
jupi897, 6 years ago

I still am not having any luck with it.

So in the first square I wrote "email" and in the second box I wrote "cname.createsend.com". It would not accept an address with the "." at the end. It did accept it without the fullstop but after 24 hours it still would not verify.

This is what moniker wrote:

The Moniker system does not support the period at the end of the cname address. However, if you do add your cname as explained below, you may also need to add an A record which is an IP address in order for the cname to work. So you may want to check with the company that provided you with the cname information to find out what the A record address is.

To edit a Cname record for a domain:

Go to My Domains and select the domain,

Click on the IP tab

Click on the domain name again

Choose CNAME(Alias) from the Record Type menu,

Enter the Host, then enter the Address

Click Add, then Click Save.

It may take between 12-24 hours for the change to take effect.

Mathew Mathew, 6 years ago

You definitely don't need to add an A record, just the CNAME. Did you follow the instructions above for adding the CNAME record (i.e with the correct record type?)

If you have done, let us know the actual domain you are trying to setup and we can take a look at the record our servers are seeing.

Get in touch with us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/campaignmonitor
We're also on Facebook: http://facebook.com/campaignmonitor
jupi897, 6 years ago

I don't know what I did differently but now it seems to work? Weird.

Join 150,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098