2010 Wish List

1. Allow white-label clients to purchase or rent a dedicated IP address for their account, AND optional IPs for any sub-accounts of clients within this account.This would put more responsibility on the client to protect their email reputation with ISPs and eleviate the work of CM peeps to monitor this, giving them more time to do whatever they like to do.

2. Allow any and all list fields to be used in the subject line

3. Dynamic from name, from address and reply address

4.  Dynamic content in the templates.

5. Integration with Google analytics

6. Ability to set up re-occurring campaigns (though this can be done via the API I assume)

7. Allow a quality check and over-ride or compliment the current opt-out mechanism if the client already has their own in place.

Guys...and hints as whats to come 2010?

Dave Dave, 6 years ago

Hi bamja21, thanks for the suggestions.I'm afraid we won't be publicly sharing our upcoming feature plans here in the forums until we know exactly what we're doing and when. We have a whole stack of cool ideas, some of which are already in the works and we hope to release early next year.

Regarding Google Analytics, we do already automatically tag your links so all campaigns are trackable. Are you looking for further integration? if so, I'd love to know more about what you need.

As far as recurring campaigns goes (I'm guessing you mean autoresponders, or even triggers), you'll be pleased to know this one is already under heavy development. We cracked and shared this news a while back as it's been a big request for a long time, and I think you're going to love what we've come up with. Again, it will be released early next year, but that's all I can promise at this stage.

I can tell you we listed to every piece of feedback both here and via email. Almost everything we do is shaped by our customers, and we'll continue to build software that way in 2010.

Anyone else got something they'd love to see in Campaign Monitor next year?

vigorniensis, 6 years ago

Samples in VB.Net since there are many more VB programmers than the ridiculous and unreadable c#.

lookout, 6 years ago

Here's my wish list:

1) Discounted pricing for folks with clients sending through CM. This would allow us to run a completely transparent business because we wouldn't have to pretend like it's our application or avoid the inevitable question about who created the application.

2) Allow clients sending on their own at a marked up rate to pay like they do now when they send their campaigns, but for the transaction to deduct from my total bulk credits. This may be a work-around to the discounted pricing wish above.

3) Auto-responders, but apparently this is on the way!

4) Time based A-B split option (test sending campaigns at different times or days)

Great work and look forward to more new features in 2010.

holder10, 6 years ago
lookout :

Here's my wish list:

1) Discounted pricing for folks with clients sending through CM. This would allow us to run a completely transparent business because we wouldn't have to pretend like it's our application or avoid the inevitable question about who created the application.

2) Allow clients sending on their own at a marked up rate to pay like they do now when they send their campaigns, but for the transaction to deduct from my total bulk credits. This may be a work-around to the discounted pricing wish above.

4) Time based A-B split option (test sending campaigns at different times or days)

That's exactly my wish list!

Mathew Mathew, 6 years ago

@lookout

Re: 1) above, could you clarify how that would work? If you are currently worried about people seeing the lower prices on http://www.campaignmonitor.com/ (something we work hard to avoid linking to the rebrands), I'm not clear on why those same people would not see the discounted prices?

Get in touch with us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/campaignmonitor
We're also on Facebook: http://facebook.com/campaignmonitor
lookout, 6 years ago

Hey Matthew,
One way I see it working, is that discounted prices would only be available to qualified rebranders, not individual clients. CM wouldn't necessarily have to have the discounted price published. This would be helpful and make it easier to win clients, because if rebranders choose, they could then talk freely with clients about who actually created the app. In addition, rebranders wouldn't have to worry about clients finding out that they are just rebranding CM.

I appreciate the efforts you all have taken to avoid linking to rebrands, but it's not too difficult to find CM through an innocent web search. I know the expertise I offer clients is worth the markup, but it's difficult for clients to get past price.

Jason

aquaman, 6 years ago

More fields in repeaters!

Would be great to have more than 1 title, description, image within a repeater. This would allow for more advanced layouts in templates so that clients do not have to touch HTML.

Tried using <$title$> multiple times in a repeater to setup a rates table but just not possible so this severely limits the flexibility of templates.

PDD2010, 6 years ago

@ Jason

I second that !  Come on CM folks, how about some kind of discount package for resellers?

jjsoini, 6 years ago

More customization for the template:

1) <$titletext> or similar tag for only outputting the title text anywhere within the repeater template.

2) <$url> for outputting an URL anywhere in the repeater. Repeater could have a <repeater link=true> to enable user to add a link for the post. This would make it possible to create 'read more' links and share links for facebook, twitter, etc.

3) define custom fields for WYSIWYG editor in the template. Ie. you could define a radiobutton for selecting a bgcolor for the repeater item. Or select whether to show read-more link or not.
You could define fields like:
<cmfield id="1" type="radio" options="white|black" values="#fff|#000">Choose a color</cmfield>
and then output values with <$cmf id="1" /> inside the repeater template.

GavinB, 6 years ago

I would love to see the $5 charge dropped when sending segmented campaigns as some of my segments are very small.
Would be great to pay for the campaign to be sent to a list of 500 people and in that I can send to as many segments as I need to up to the 500 people limit.

stendal, 6 years ago
GavinB :

I would love to see the $5 charge dropped when sending segmented campaigns as some of my segments are very small.
Would be great to pay for the campaign to be sent to a list of 500 people and in that I can send to as many segments as I need to up to the 500 people limit.

Agree!

This could also be solved, by adding "dynamic content" feature, which would give you a lot more customers. A lot more than the dime you get from fustrating customers like us, who need to split one campaign into 10, and therefore missing a lot of stats, time and easiness.

Give us dynamic content - PLEASE!

Thanks,
Stendal

roshodgekiss roshodgekiss, 6 years ago

We're pleased to announce that autoresponders are here! Well, that's one struck off the 2010 wish list.

Both designers and clients can now send once-off and ongoing triggered campaigns such as welcome emails, birthday greetings and reminders. Priced at 1 email credit each with no delivery fee, autoresponders are also an economical way to stay in touch with your subscribers. Find out more.

That said, if there's anything you would like to see us improve, or add to, please don't hesitate to get in touch with us. We're not stopping here.

So, now it's over to you, folks. Please enjoy. :)

roshodgekiss roshodgekiss, 5 years ago

Hi folks, as easy social sharing of email campaigns has been on a couple of wishlists for a while now, we're very pleased to say that we've just added it to all Campaign Monitor accounts - here are the details.

Using our simple template tags, we've made it super easy to add 'Like on Facebook' and 'Share on Twitter' links and buttons to your campaigns. In addition, we've backed it up with robust real-time reports, plus made it super-easy to share sent campaigns from within your account.

Thank you to everyone who sent in their feedback... And for your patience, too. Hopefully you and your clients will find social sharing as fun to use as we do!

venus2king venus2king, 5 years ago
holder10 :
lookout :

Here's my wish list:

That's exactly my wish list!

Same wish, but I am visiting this thread on 2011. ha ha ha.....

roshodgekiss roshodgekiss, 5 years ago

Haha, thanks venus2king - we've just started a new thread for things you would like to see added/improved in Campaign Monitor for this year - feel free to kick that off with your suggestions :D

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098