Lists bought by a list company? Can you advise?

Hello,

I am new to campaign monitor and thought it was a great tool.  I have come across one snag though.  All of my clients come to me with a list they have bought from a list provider company.  After going through CM's documentation it mentions that it will not allow the use of third party lists. 

Is there any way around this so it ties in with CM's rules.
Has anyone had experience with this or an alternative solution.

Thanks

Stormy Stormy, 9 years ago

Hi Conceptstore,

Unfortunately, as you've found, this is very much prohibited by CM's policies. The only way you'd be able to use addresses on the list is if you were able to get specific permission from each person on the list.

As an aside, I'd point out that purchasing lists is often only useful for very specific and limited uses - the vast majority will not like receiving mail from people they have not requested it from and they will have a negative impression of the company sending the mail to them, so buying lists can often cause more harm than good.

No-one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Dave Dave, 9 years ago

I'm afraid this one is completely non-negotiable. We don't allow purchased lists to be used under any circumstances, no matter what the claims of the list provider. You can only send to subscribers that have explicitly given you permission to contact them about the topic of that email.

Conceptstore, 9 years ago

Hello Guys,

Thank you very much for the response.  I do understand the reasons why and i do agree.

Without being too cheeky, is there anything else like campaign monitor that will let me send emails to a purchased list?

Stormy Stormy, 9 years ago

Hi Conceptstore,

I don't know of any off the top of my head, but again you'll be hitting problems as providers such as that would be heavily discriminated against due to the amount of spam reports registered against them. If you're committed to using these lists then fair enough, just remember to bear in mind 'caveat emptor'.

No-one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Conceptstore, 9 years ago

Thanks

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098