Beat Approach for This

Hi, I'm new to CM.

I have a number of tried-and-tested flyers in .ai (Illustrator) and .pdf format ( that were designed for print) that I would like to use in my first email campaign?

Is this possible / a good idea or does all material have to be in .HTML format?

BThies BThies, 6 years ago

All in HTML format.  If you need assistance in getting them coded over, let me know.

There is one other option, and that's to link to the PDF - but you'll still need an e-mail designed that would attract someone to click through.

Brian Thies
Professional Email Developer
Thies Publishing
jacobean, 6 years ago

Brian, thanks for your response.

It it easy to convert .ai files into .html files?

I will keep in mind the link to .pdf option but I would prefer a message that opens
in the recipients preview pane without them having to click anything.

BThies BThies, 6 years ago

No easy conversion - it has to be coded from the ground up based on the design you created.  It may also need adjustments based on where text areas rest, size of font, image to text ratio, etc.  Also, it needs to be compatible with the major desktop and web based e-mail clients.

If you're not comfortable coding in HTML (or more importantly, don't have experience coding it in an old-school e-mail friendly/compatible HTML format), then you'll need a 3rd party to code it.

Brian Thies
Professional Email Developer
Thies Publishing

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098