Can a whole table be wrapped in A?

Is it possible to wrap an entire table with an A tag (with display:block;)? I tried it, but it doesn't make anything inside it a link.

The problem I am running into is that I want the background of the table to be clickable, not just the text or image inside it.

jdancisin, 6 years ago

Is this table in an HTML email?

On a regular webpage, you really shouldn't do this. It will work in some situations but not in other. There is a way to do it with jquery, but that won't work in an HTML email.

Check out item #6 on this page...

louiswalch louiswalch, 6 years ago

This is for an email.... I would not use a table in a webpage.

jdancisin, 6 years ago

Why not? Tables are entirely appropriate for tabular data.

fyredefyre fyredefyre, 6 years ago

This one is tricky and long story short this won't really work. What you should be designing your emails for is a focal point to click on so readers know where to click and if that's the case then you won't need to link the whole table itself.

It's also confusing and potentially frustrating if you clicked something by mistake and didn't know where you were going as most people are accustomed to clicking on links or buttons. - Everything Email.
Email: Skype: fyredefyre

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free