Attachments (again)

Hi, I appreciate why CM does not allow you to send attachments and fully agree with it...

The suggested way of adding the files (eg a pdf) onto your webhosting and linking within the email is fine for someone like me, but for some clients it's far to technical. Even asking them to upload to say drop.io, copy the URL and then add into the email is to 'segmented' for them.

However, I would love it if you could do what mailchimp does (sorry) and that is upload the file to your servers then provide us with a link - just like I was adding a URL link, I could select a file. The link to the file is added into the email so if the recipient wishes to view, they can download the attachment... If this was built into the editor then even the most non-tech-savvy users could use CM.

If you don't want to do the actual file hosting yourselves, then perhaps you could hook into a service like drop.io - the point being allowing us to upload and link within your editor....

Just a thought.

Mathew Mathew, 6 years ago

Thanks for the suggestion, if we get more people requesting that we'd certainly consider it in the future. My experience so far has been that a lot of clients already have some kind of CMS or tool that they use to put files on their site, and they handle it that way.

Get in touch with us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/campaignmonitor
We're also on Facebook: http://facebook.com/campaignmonitor
holder10, 6 years ago

Definitely a must for Campaign Monitor!

Real attachments would be way better, but this should work out about the same for most people.

indigoweb, 6 years ago

I certainly do agree that being able to insert attachments in this way would be ideal (even a similar tool to the Telerik RadEditor would be good). 

I think clients would be happy to pay a bit extra for the space used or you could tie it in with a 3rd party file storage service.

marthasp6s, 6 years ago
utopia365 :

Hi, I appreciate why CM does not allow you to send attachments and fully agree with it...

The suggested way of adding the files (eg a pdf) onto your webhosting and linking within the email is fine for someone like me, but for some clients it's far to technical. Even asking them to upload to say drop.io, copy the URL and then add into the email is to 'segmented' for them.

However, I would love it if you could do what mailchimp does (sorry) and that is upload the file to your servers then provide us with a link - just like I was adding a URL link, I could select a file. The link to the file is added into the email so if the recipient wishes to view, they can download the attachment... If this was built into the editor then even the most non-tech-savvy users could use CM.

If you don't want to do the actual file hosting yourselves, then perhaps you could hook into a service like drop.io - the point being allowing us to upload and link within your editor....

Just a thought.

I agree with it totally. To add, I believe that CM could make use of Amazon's s3 or cloud hosting to host the files because I have heard they are quite cheap and secure. :)

KerriM, 5 years ago

This is becoming essential to me as well.  It's definitely to technical for my clients to upload a file (like a PDF) to their webserver, figure out the url, and then figure out how to create the link.  A file upload feature is becoming more and more necessary for me.  I'm using my Dropbox account and doing it for them, and that's not ideal.

rishi rishi, 4 years ago

Hi Everyone (Kerri, Martha, Indigo, Holder, uTopia, and Matthew)!

We heard you and asked Campaign Monitor if we could add the attachment functionality in as an integration. They said "yes!" and we said "Hooray!"

Check it out: http://digioh.com/CampaignMonitor

Here is what you can do with our integration:
* Add attachments to your newsletter
* Track exactly which subscriber downloaded your file
* Prompt Non-Subscribers to join your newsletter to download your file
* Block Non-Subscribers from accessing your file

It is really easy to use (we have learned a lot from our friends at CampaignMonitor!)

Excited to see what you think :)

Rishi
http://digioh.com/CampaignMonitor

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098