Email clients used by recipients

I know this is somewhere else in the forum and looked but couldn't find it so....

It's great knowing which email clients our recipients are using most frequently, it means that I take extra special care making sure a campaign renders properly in that client.

However, it is not possible to see which email client specific recipients are using. My point here is, while I can see which contacts have clicked on the 'view in browser' link, I cannot see which client they opened the mail in. I know some people are going to click on this anyway, they prefer seeing the mail that way, fair enough. Some recipients though will be clicking on this link as they cannot read the email properly, I would like to know which client they are using so that I can make improvements.

Obviously it is a little more obvious if they are (still not a guarantee) but would it be possible to see which clients recipients opened your mail in?

davidaf davidaf, 6 years ago

I'm afraid this information isn't available with our current reports, but I'll be happy to add you as a vote for development of this feature.

The Campaign Monitor Blog – HTML email smarts to go with your good looks
Dorgo, 6 years ago

I would like to vote for this too.

"Email client used when they unsubscribed" would be the most helpful for me and probably easy to implement. Even just "Last email client used" on the individual subscriber page would allow me to see the one they used when they unsubscribed.

It would be great to be able to compare metrics like google analytics though. "Unsubscribe rate per email client", "Webversion click rate per email client" etc ;-)

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free