Email best practice studies

Anyone know of best practice studies for email marketing? I would not mind paying for for a comprehensive report.

Looking for information regarding
- Time to send
- Number of links per email
- Structuring hierarchy
- Language/tone

There are countless blog entries about this, but I am looking for a more professional study. "Always send a text alternative" is not going to cut it here.

Thanks for the help.

style campaign style campaign, 6 years ago

For best time to send there is no simple answer, you just have to test as it differs. Same with the other variables you mentioned. Though for free best pratice studies I'd start by checking out:

Marketing Sherpa -
Email Experience Council -
Smith-Harmon -  is a favorite email blog of mine, it's covered subjects like no. of links per email and CTA language.

hope this helps

- Anna

johnttrick, 6 years ago

If you're running a newsletter or frequent email publication, make sure you keep the look and feel consistent from issue to issue. By keeping the look and feel consistent, you help to maintain and strengthen your brand and your image to your subscribers, which again will make it easier to close sales when you need to.

Create a template for your newsletter and whenever you need to create a new issue, use that template as the basis for each issue.

- Andy

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free