Using the <webversion> tag in Subscription Confirmation Emails

To secure that new subscribers will happily see their emails, I tried to use the <webtag> in the Subscription Confirmation Email - so that they would have the option of viewing the email in their browser.
Unfortunately, the tag doesn't seems to work - is there anything that can be done here? Is it necessary to use another type of link to a page that is on another server?

The tag works perfectly in campaign emails, just not in the Subscription Confirmation Email.
I presume it has something to do with importing the html from a URL... but I'm not sure. Any ideas?

Thanks for your help!

- Katrin

Diana Diana, 6 years ago

Hi Katrin,

We followed up with you via support as well but for the benefit of everyone else, the link isn't working for you as the <webversion> tags don't work in confirmation emails, only in actual campaigns.

D. Potter
Campaign Monitor
niphal niphal, 6 years ago

Just did a search 'cause this was what I wanted too. Spewing that it doesn't work - as it's still an email that would potentially not load (like a normal campaign).

Andrew Beeston
Brown Box email design & management.

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free