Adding custom content

Howdy,
I don't know if this is already possible, but I don't think so.

Let's say I got a subscriber lists with people who subscribed on my shop website. They choose in which topics they were interested in when subscribing. Each month, I send one newsletter to all my subscribers on this list. I would like to add custom content depending on what the subscriber is interested in. So the text block about sports is only shown to subscribers who checked the "Sports" checkbox, and the food-pictures are only shown to subscribers who checked the "Food" checkbox.

Sure, that could probably be done by simply sending different campaigns to different list segments you create (or is there another way?). But if you got 10 different topics that can be combined, this will result in quite a lot campaigns to send off. Plus, you sometimes just want to add 2-3 lines text for a special part of your list, for example the ones that subscribed on a special event. Sending 2 different campaigns isn't perfect in that situation as well. Or for just changing the header image to suit the subscribers interest. Lot's of uses for that one!

Hope there is/will be some kind of solution for this, as this is one of the few things missing in CM for me.

Cheers,
holder10

Mathew Mathew, 6 years ago

You can insert custom field content into your campaign, but that is limited to 250 characters per field. For a short piece of customisation that could work fine though, if you just want to pre-fill the field with the relevant text for each person.

It isn't possible to have branching emails which include certain content based on a field value though. Thanks for the feedback.

Get in touch with us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/campaignmonitor
We're also on Facebook: http://facebook.com/campaignmonitor
stendal, 6 years ago
Mathew :

You can insert custom field content into your campaign, but that is limited to 250 characters per field. For a short piece of customisation that could work fine though, if you just want to pre-fill the field with the relevant text for each person.

It isn't possible to have branching emails which include certain content based on a field value though. Thanks for the feedback.

This sound like a bad solution. Especially when it comes to interest based advertising in newsletters.

Have you any plans on "partial segmentation" (inside each campaign) in CM? When? (this is a very important feature for many customers)

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098