Setting Confirmed status when loading subscribers using the API

How do I set confirmed status when using the API -  It appears that it is done automagically when you load a CSV file etc but not using the API -  subscribers sit as waiting to be confirmed and no emails are sent.  Can add , retrieve fine - just can set confirmed or even retrieve those names that are in this status.

I'm using C#

Pete

mltsy mltsy, 6 years ago

If you add a *new* subscriber to a double-opt-in list via the API, it should send out the verification e-mail to that subscriber... the only time that shouldn't happen is if their status is "unconfirmed" (in which case it's not really a new subscriber).  That caused me some confusion at least.  You should be able to force the re-subscription even on unconfirmed users by using Subscribers.AddAndResubscribe - which should send another verification e-mail even if they already have an unconfirmed status... my list isn't double-opt in, so I haven't tested this.

Is something else not working as described?

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098