Alternating style/layout

I am wondering how you can set up repeating user content but for each article to have alternating style and/or layout. The first article has say an image on the left and its text right, and the second article has text left and image right.

This is clearly layout but could this be taken further with style?

Any pointers would be most appreciated. Thanks.

(I've just thought ... I've never tried wrapping two $descriptions in <repeat> tags, each with different properties. Might this do it?)

Tim Tunbridge, 6 years ago

Nope, wrapping two $descriptions with different layouts does not work. It doesn't seem to prompt for the second description (unless someone knows a way to achieve this).

I have also tried two separate <repeater> tags (the theory being one for left articles and one for right articles) and then dragging the articles in between each other, in order to achieve the alternating layout. But that's a no-go as well.

So, if anyone knows how to do this then I'd appreciate being pointed in the right direction. Thanks.

fyredefyre fyredefyre, 6 years ago

I'm afraid you're out of luck here, at least until Campaign Monitor allow more flexibility with repeating items.

Your best option now for now is to setup a template with pre-defined custom tables that alternate your desired style.

www.phenom.com.au - Everything Email.
Email: jordan.hunt@phenom.com.au Skype: fyredefyre

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098