Test Emails Not Being Sent

I'm currentlly having a problem where no test emails are being sent.  It has only manifested in the last hour.

Is there a problem?

weejames, 8 years ago

Seems to be working now... all test from the last 15 mins or so just arrived in one go!

littera, 8 years ago

i have same problem and campaign don't sent too

james_s, 8 years ago

I'm having the same problem.  I pressed the 'test campaign' button, and got the "A test campaign was successfully sent..." message about 15 minutes ago, but I haven't received any test emails yet.

trioro, 8 years ago

Experiencing the same pain here.  Now we're waiting for 8:00 AM to roll around in Sydney so that support can tackle this one :-)

Ben Ben, 8 years ago

Hey Guys, just a quick note to let you know we're investigating this issue and will post here as we have more information.

james_s, 8 years ago

Just got the emails ~ 20 minutes later.

Ben Ben, 8 years ago

Yes, it appears there is a delay in previews at the moment. This is related to the hardware problem we had a few days ago.

We currently have multiple servers on order that should be arriving today to help with the extra load and avoid these delays.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience these delays are causing you, and I thanks you for your patience during this period.

slapshotw, 8 years ago

Is this affecting outgoing campaigns to subscribers?

Ben Ben, 8 years ago

Yes, there will be some campaigns that will have a 10-20 minute delay in reaching the inbox. But there are many factors at play here, with the receiving ISP being a big one.

I've just got word that some of the new hardware is almost setup, with the rest not far behind.

Once again, we apologize for the delays. We're working hard to make sure everything keeps puring along at the standard both you and we expect.

8088y80y, 8 years ago

I sent a campaign out about 5 hours ago and some recipients have not received it (including my client!). Could this be due to an overload of holiday traffic or the hardware issue?

Mathew Mathew, 8 years ago

Since your campaign has had a lot of opens already, it has all been sent out - the possibilities are spam filters, or that some of the emails are still winding their way between mail servers. Email is not always instant, and sometimes a slow server somewhere between us and and you can hold things up.

Get in touch with us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/campaignmonitor
We're also on Facebook: http://facebook.com/campaignmonitor
8088y80y, 8 years ago

Thank you for your quick response. In this case, many of the email messages have been sent to the same company sharing the same mail server. 4 people received the email yet many more still have not (over 20). The email has not reached their inbox or spam folders. Does this sound right? Thanks!

tfiggs, 8 years ago
james_s :

I'm having the same problem.  I pressed the 'test campaign' button, and got the "A test campaign was successfully sent..." message about 15 minutes ago, but I haven't received any test emails yet.

The same thing happened to me last night but now it's working fine.  Is Campaign Monitor being temperamental?  Also, the people I'm testing CM with are opening the e-mail but it is not being reflected in the report stats.  Just putting this on as a data point.  Also, it would be nice to know who my recipients are forwarding this e-mail to.

Thanks.

Mathew Mathew, 8 years ago

Hi tfiggs,

Email can be a bit variable - we do send the tests out pretty much right away. At one point last year there was a very busy period where tests were slow, but we have made changes since that point.

For the run down on how opens are recorded (and how some can't be recorded) see http://www.campaignmonitor.com/blog/archives/2007/01/all_about_email_open_rates.html

Regarding forwarding, we don't record or reveal this information for privacy reasons - those people have not given permission for their email to be shared.

Get in touch with us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/campaignmonitor
We're also on Facebook: http://facebook.com/campaignmonitor
mimi, 7 years ago

Hi,

Since I've got a related problem, I'm posting here although this is an old topic...

I'm testing a campaign at the moment, I tried to send it to several recipients with my client's address, but although I've got the OK message, I didn't receive anything.

I changed the sender address to my own and received the test e-mail this time.

If there are email server problems from the client side (corresponding to the DNS of the first sender address I mentioned), could it be the cause? Or does it mean that this sender is marked as spammer?

Thanks for the answer (a bit worried actually)...

Dave Dave, 7 years ago

Hi mimi, in regards to your test emails not arriving because of the from address, we explain a little more about why this can happen here:

http://help.campaignmonitor.com/topic.aspx?t=107

mimi, 7 years ago

Actually, it's the exact way around.
I only get the test e-mail when I send it to myself.
I did receive the e-mail with my client sender address in 2 cases:
- sending Text only,
- changing the HTML to another message I had previously sent.
So I thought maybe there was something wrong with the HTML, I'm running your spam testing at the moment, passed all but Postini and both Outlook are still checking...
By the way I'm checking my test e-mails via Outlook and the test emails don't end p in my Junk Folder, they just never get there!
Please help, this is really annoying, this campaign is due tomorrow and I was supposed to send test e-mails now.
Thank you.

mimi, 7 years ago

Update:

Looks likes there was some problem with the CSS, because the test email arrived when I suppress all of it.
I selected the option "move a copy inline", but this time, the message only arrives when I test with the option "Send the test using the fallback terms I supplied"!

I've got only 1 subscriber in my mailing list, which I entered manually, and the is Stéphanie, so when I could receive the test email sending from me to me, the subject is customized with the fullname, and it displays as St?phanie instead of Stéphanie. Could it be the problem?

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098