Personalized Links

Is there a way to have a link with data from a custom field.

CLICKING HERE text is a link to a URL with the user ID put into it.[ID]-[IDCHKDIG]&SBTYPE=QR&PGTP=B

[ID] is a custom field
[IDCHKDIG] is a custom field

Mathew Mathew, 6 years ago

Yes, and you do it pretty much just like that, by inserting the correct tag for the custom field value you want to use. See for more ideas.

Get in touch with us on Twitter:
We're also on Facebook:
Gcoughlin, 6 years ago

I added a link formatted in this way. It is not working the test email, is this ok? The other custom fields are not working in the test as well ([FIRSTNAME], [LASTNAME], etc..).

Also, do I need to disable link tracking in order for this to work? If so can you let me know how.

Gcoughlin, 6 years ago

I was sending the test email after I imported the email. I have gone through the import process and at the second point "Test and Define Delivery" you have the opportunity to take a random person to send in the test. It is working fine now. I didn't want to just delete my last post because someone searching the forums may have the same issue. Also, do I did not need to disable link tracking in order for this to work.

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free