Outlook 2007 cuts off image with very big height at the top

Hello everybody,

i have to show a very big picture (558 x 3137px) in a newsletter template - in all email clients it works fine - just again Outlook 2007 makes trouble: the image is not displayed completely - Outlooks cuts off more than 50% from the top of the image.

I tried everything (use a table around the image, set the height of the table etc.) but no solution worked for me.

Has anybody an idea why its not possible for me to show that big image? Is that generally not possible in Outlook 2007?

Would be great if somebody could help me!

Kind regards,

Christian

fyredefyre fyredefyre, 6 years ago

Haven't seen that before - this could have something to do with your own settings. I'd try chop the image in two and re-test and see how you.

www.phenom.com.au - Everything Email.
Email: jordan.hunt@phenom.com.au Skype: fyredefyre
davidaf davidaf, 6 years ago

Christian,

First of all I should note that that's a very large image and likely to cause issues for your recipients: it could fill up someone's mailbox if they have a size limit or take a long time to render. Do you happen to have that image in a table cell that contains a rowspan? I've seen Outlook 2007 cut off images in that case. I've also seen Outlook cut off images for seemingly no reason whatsoever, but sometimes restructuring your code *can* make a difference.

The Campaign Monitor Blog – HTML email smarts to go with your good looks
rmills, 6 years ago

Christian,

We have experienced OL07 putting in "page breaks" in really long columed emails, which insert large blank sections, where OL07 thinks there is a page break. 

Basically we split the colums up and have to re-test and re-test again, as it's not a precise science to correct it.

I would chop your image up into lots of images and see if that works. I haven't see the design, but that maybe be better off for alt tags as well.

Hope that helps,
Rich

doolak, 6 years ago

Hello everybody,

thank you very much for your answers!

davidaf :

First of all I should note that that's a very large image and likely to cause issues for your recipients: it could fill up someone's mailbox if they have a size limit or take a long time to render.

Yes, i know - i told that my client too - but he still wants to send that big image...

davidaf :

Do you happen to have that image in a table cell that contains a rowspan?

No, its just a tablecell without rowspan.

As Jordan and Rich were suggesting, i told my client to chop the image in parts and that works fine for him.

Thank you all very much for your help!

Kind regards,

Christian

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free
1-888-533-8098