Erroneous spaces happening after a hyperlink

We are creating an email based off a template we have used for a while now. Odd spaces occur after hyperlinks... We will remove them in the edit - but they come back in preview or when we send. When we go back into re edit, they have appeared again. Now, we were told it was due to the WYSIWYG editor--it likes to break the lines up so that they aren't too long. We have looked at the code and there appears to be nothing incorrect. Need to send this campaign out this morning. Please advise!

davidaf davidaf, 6 years ago

Hi Barlow,

It would be helpful for us to view the specific template and code where this is happening. Can you contact support with the details and we'll take a look for you.

The Campaign Monitor Blog – HTML email smarts to go with your good looks
PMcKern, 5 years ago

I've seen this problem before, typically occurring between hyperlinks and punctuation following immediately after them, and a client continues to see unwanted spaces cropping up at times. Spaces will sometimes appear between the hyperlinked text and commas or colons. I was told, when I first asked (January 2011), that there was no systematic fix for that yet, but that a line break could be added inside the link tag as a workaround. I'm not sure how effective that is, and hate to make the clients go adding hacks to solve problems, even when it's as simple as that. I wonder if any further work has been done to address this bug?

roshodgekiss roshodgekiss, 5 years ago

Hi PMcKern, could you kindly let us know if this is still occurring for you? Looking at our notes, this was marked as fixed in an update earlier this month. If you find that you still need to manually add line breaks, please get in touch with our support team.

Get in touch with us on Twitter:
We're also on Facebook:

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free