Problem with uploading transparent PNG

I hope someone can help me. I'm trying to upload a transparent PNG to an image field in a template I've just designed and coded.

When I upload, the parts of the image that are meant to be transparent are coming out black.

I've tried using Firefox and IE8, but both do the same (I am on Vista).

On my local HTML workup file for the template, the image (which is the same one I'm uploading) is displaying correctly.

Thanks in advance,

fyredefyre fyredefyre, 6 years ago

I'd probably try saving your image as a GIF file instead and see how this goes. - Everything Email.
Email: Skype: fyredefyre
anthodges anthodges, 5 years ago

I am having the same issue... there are posts including this from David Greiner back in 2009.

I think the issue is with the WYSIWYG editor and the optimisation of the image when it uploads it.

arudd, 4 years ago

Any update on this?
Surely we should be able to upload a transparent PNG and it remain transparent, no?

roshodgekiss roshodgekiss, 4 years ago

Hi arudd, welcome to the forums. At present, PNGs that are scaled down on import to the email editor don't have their transparency preserved, I'm sorry to say. We've been investigating our options for better handling of images, but in the interim, we'd highly recommend using GIFs where possible. Sorry about this trouble - I'll give this issue a nudge on our end for you.

Get in touch with us on Twitter:
We're also on Facebook:
dedra dedra, 4 years ago

Hi arudd, for preserve PNG transparency (even if Lotus Notes does not support it), you must prepare your image smaller or exact width as your image insert field is. CM then does not scaled down your image and preserve PNG transparency. Depends on your image editor, but with Photoshop you get perfect result for it - smoothing, sharpen with preserve quality of image information.

Join 200,000 companies around the world that use Campaign Monitor to run email marketing campaigns that deliver results for their business.

Get started for free